How to Schedule Service
Call, text, chat, email or use Online Booking
(text, chat & email are available M-F 9:00am-5pm)
You'll get a text message:
To confirm your appointment.
When we're on our way.
When job is complete.
We can text/email you a receipt when job is done
Locksmith Services: Car Key Copies
There are many types of car keys and each manufacturer is different and they change by model and by year to make cars harder to steal. Depending on your Make, Model and Year a copy of your key could run from $3 up to $300. Please call, text, email or chat with us so we can look up your specific vehicle and give you an exact price.
In many cases we have several options to choose from such as:
- Factory Key: Exact same as the ones that came with the new car.
- No Remote: Sometimes we can make a key that will start the ignition but doesn't have any remote controls which are often about half the price of a Factory key
- Door Only: Sometimes we can cut a metal key that will NOT start the ignition but will open the doors, these are often only $5-$7.
We'll need to know your exact vehicle to find out the options so please contact us for more information!
Keys we stock
- Metal Keys: We stock every key possible.
- Transponder Keys (no remote): We try to stock every key that is available, but not all manufactures have aftermarket keys available.
- Transponder Keys (with remote): Due to the wide variety of keys we are only able to stock a few, in most cases we'll need to order for you which only takes a few days.
- Prox Keys: We don't stock any and will have to order them for you.
- Please call us! We'll check the database and get you an exact price for your specific vehicle. If we need to order parts then it should only take a few days.
- Everything is guaranteed to work.
- If you'd like to provide your own key we can cut and program it in most cases, but we cannot guarantee results with parts provided by you.
Key Types & Technologies
- Edge-cut Keys
- The common style like a house key, cut on one or both sides. These are the cheapest keys, metal-only run $5-$7. If you have a plastic head then it may or may not have a transponder inside of it. If it does then the key is usually $65.
- Also known as Laser or Blade keys these types of keys have their cuts on the side of the key. They are cut on a special machine with and end-mill. Most keys also have a transponder and start at $100.
- Most cars manufactured since about 2000 require a transponder in the key in order to start the car. The computer reads the code in that chip and won't start unless it recognizes it. We have the equipment to both clone and program new keys into most vehicles. In many cases you can get a cheaper "door only" key without the transponder but it will NOT start the ignition. Transponder keys cost about $65-$120 depending on vehicle model.
- Usually identified by the lack of having a key and instead using a "start" button. These keys don't use physical cuts and instead rely on the chip to start the vehicle.
- Remote Control
- The remote section of the key is separate from the transponder system. In some cases you can save money by getting transponder-only. It will still start your ignition but it will not have any remote buttons.
Our Key Machines
All of our key machines are professional manual machines that are calibrated and well maintained.
All of our employees are well trained and know how to make adjustments to get the best copy possible.
All of our keys are guaranteed to work. If they don't then you can bring them back and we will either adjust how we cut it (shallower/deeper), we can hand-file, or worst case we can give a 100% refund. Nearly every key we cut works perfectly the first time!